Reports to: Manager / Senior Manager - HW
Experience: 3-12 Years
Tejas is a telecom equipment manufacturer company established in Year 2000 with a mission to innovate leading edge, high quality, and excellent telecommunication products for its customers. The company house more than 50 % of its work force in R&D, hired from reputed colleges like IITs and NITs, making a highly motivated and research oriented team, which work relentlessly in pursuit of innovations, developing high-end optical networking equipment. Tejas offers a wide range of products for access, metro and core network. Tejas products include carrier-grade optical transmission (based on DWDM/PTN/OTN, SDH/SONET technologies), fiber broadband (based on GPON/NG-PON), broadband wireless (based on LTE 4G/5G) as well as multi-gigabit Ethernet/IP switching and routing products that are fully designed and manufactured in India…a true pioneer of “Make in India” initiative.
Tejas is one of the leading innovators in India’s ICT sector with over 349 patents and a large repository of 280+ semiconductor IPs. Tejas is actively contributing to global 5G standards through its work in India’s telecom standards organization (TSDSI). All this has been done with an energetic & dedicated team of engineers, for whom no problem is unsolvable.
Tejas Hardware R&D team designs and develops state of the art DWDM/OTN multiplexers, wireless 4G/5G back-haul networking working equipment, Ethernet Switches/GPON access equipment, Ethernet aggregation systems with multi terabit capacity for Tier-1/2 Network operators, for data-centers and enterprise networks cross the globe. The boards required to build these systems are highly complex with layer count up to 40 layers and speed up to 28Gbps/56 Gbps. The boards developed, tested and integrated in same lab by same H/W team; give an opportunity to learn end-to-end system development. Tejas provides a very conducive working atmosphere with a great learning opportunity with an overall experience in all design aspects starting from conceptualization to field deployment of products. We at Tejas believe in flat-hierarchy; if one is ready to learn and innovate then Tejas is the place for new challenges and opportunities.
What will you do in Tejas:
In this role, you will work across the different projects to develop innovative products for telecom industry involving innovative technologies. You will be involved in architecture design, Development, Implementation and validation of products. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholder and cross-functional teams to drive key aspect of product solution definition, execution and validation. You will be involved in reviews and evaluation of designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards, in providing tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk. You should be mentoring new members of team and motivate them to be proactive.
Job Description / Skills:
• Should have TBD years of experience in Board Hardware Design
• Knowledge of High Speed Board Design
• Experience in designing with memories like DDR3 / DDR4 / RLDRAM / GDDR / NAND / NOR etc.
• Experience in designing with High speed communication protocol like PCIe / SATA / USB3.0 / SGMII / SFP+ /10G/100G/
• Experience in designing with Low speed protocol like I2C / SPI / UART.
• Familiarity in designing products conforming to worldwide EMC and safety standards
• Responsibilities include Schematic Capture, Component Selection, Library Creation and Guiding Board Layout
• Experience of working with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and Cadence Allegro would be preferred
• Experience in working with complex ASSPs, Microprocessors/controllers and FPGAs
• Experience in designing Point of Load DC-DC converters would be preferred
• Experience in Signal Integrity / Power Integrity
• Experience in working in optical products would be preferred.
• Should have knowledge of PCB Materials and familiarity with stack-up design
• Knowledge of scripting (bash/Tcl /VB) would be an added advantage
• Knowledge of Verilog HDL would be an added advantage
• Should have excellent troubleshooting skills on Electrical / Electronic boards to find the root cause and to debug
• Should have worked on testing equipment like high speed Oscilloscope, Network analysers, spectrum analysers etc.
• Experience in working on synchronisation and knowledge of syncE/1588 are added advantage.