Qualification: BE and MBA
Experience: 13 plus years
Tejas Networks is one of India’s only listed deep-technology product companies. Tejas designs and develops globally deployable optical and data networking products across all parts of the network – access, metro and core.
Having a strong focus on R&D and IPR creation, Tejas has filed 349 patents. It is ranked #1 in India’s Optical Aggregation Market and stands among top ten players globally. With a customer footprint in over 75+ countries, it has shipped 500,000+ systems across the globe and has won over 20+ prestigious awards for innovation.
About SCM Team:
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Tejas Networks is looking for highly entrepreneurial and motivated go-getters who have experience in operations, planning and demand management.
• In this role, you will be a key member of the Supply Chain team who will work in an individual capacity, although having high visibility to the Head of Supply Chain and Senior Leadership of Tejas.
• You will conduct forecasting analysis, prepare demand-fulfilment plans and schedules - making sure all aspects which impact deliveries (purchasing lead times, capacity utilization, minimal inventory, inbound and outbound logistics, customer priorities etc.) are factored in.
• You are familiar with key manufacturing concepts like JIT, Kaizen, Pareto analysis, Lean Manufacturing, Theory of Constraints etc.
• You are highly analytic and are familiar with the use of advanced planning tools. You are deeply knowledgeable about statistical forecasting techniques, causal modelling and linear regression forecasting etc. You are very comfortable with modern planning tools and understand the linkages to core ERP systems and Sales Forecasting tools.
• You will work with Sales teams across the world to get up-to-the minute updates and factor them in your planning. This will require seasoned stakeholder management where you will need to build relationships and work harmoniously with them.
• You will prepare and review the weekly, monthly and quarterly production plans and understand it’s impact on revenue recognition and inventory management. You will have the judgement to appreciate the exception management – and dynamic planning process to accommodate contingencies.
• You will proactively do a lot of detailed analysis to analyze how the current processes can be improved. You will drive continuous improvement by examining existing demand planning processes and making recommendations for improvement.
• You are someone who does not wait to take orders but acts proactively and professionally to navigate a fast-pace work environment.
The successful candidate will be:
1. Have similar experience of the areas described above in automotive, EMC, FMCD or core manufacturing industries
2. Alumni from premier educational institutes like IITs, IIMs, NITIE, SPJain, Symbiosis in Operations Research and related fields.
3. Be whip-smart to integrate various perspectives and be flexible to work in a dynamic environment.
4. The role is based in South Bangalore. Tejas offers competitive compensation and benefits.