Reports to: Senior Manager – R&D/Director – R&D
Experience: 3-12 Years
About Tejas Networks: An India-based optical and data networking products company, designs and develops market leading products in the Optical Networking and Broadband Access (4G/LTE, GPON) segments. Having a strong focus on R&D and IPR creation, Tejas has filed 340+ patents in USA, Europe and India. It is ranked #1 in India’s Optical Aggregation Market and stands among top ten players globally. With a customer footprint in over 70+ countries, it has shipped 450,000+ systems across the globe. Tejas serves telecommunications service providers, internet service providers, utilities, defence and government entities with its high-performance products globally.
About the Position:
The candidate will be part Software Development team working on Tejas next generation line of products, converging OTN and IP technologies in evolutionary high capacity platform. He/she will be taken through product and technology training and mentoring programs in Tejas. Starting as an individual contributor engaged in design and implementation of complex software features, he/she would soon pick up the role of development owner of specific modules. Candidates joining us in similar roles usually grow into a team lead, guiding a group of developers, and defining product specifications and architecture to meet the requirements driven by business and technology.
• As module or sub-system owner, develop deep understanding of product and software architecture, evolve into single point contact to upstream and downstream stakeholders – PLM, hardware, firmware and QA teams - for requirements, design and implementation related issues pertaining to the module/sub-system.
• Feature design, implementation, unit testing and verification support for the sub-system. Ensure quality in all deliverables and compliance with processes and practices at all stages of development life cycle,
• Troubleshooting of product issues seen in lab and field, collaborate with various teams to identify specific configurations and scenarios to reproduce defects and arrive at the root cause.
• Be comfortable with usage of various tools/practices (including development or assessment of new tools/methodologies) as appropriate.
• Identify major gaps in architecture/design and proactively work towards resolution, including conceptualization of new features and process level changes,
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering from reputed institutes,
• 7+ years of relevant working experience in networking or telecommunication domain,
• Extensive coding experience in C/C++ language on Linux based embedded platforms,
• Strong knowledge in multi-threading, IPC, Synchronization,
• Extensive experience in Carrier Ethernet technologies in the context of optical transport – EVC, MPLS-TP, ERPS, Pseudowire etc.
• In-depth understanding of Ethernet data path and packet processing architecture in SoC devices such as NPUs
• Experience of working with Broadcom DNX/XGS family of networking devices, including developing applications around the SDK suite and familiarity with troubleshooting methods using interpreter shells,
• Analytical skills – experience in troubleshooting design and coding issues involving data path impairments such as traffic instability, protection switching, QoS.
• Understanding of object modeling and user interfaces,
• Understanding of device drivers and hardware event handling
• Experience of having worked in Scrum/Agile processes
• Proficiency in one or more scripting languages
• Interpersonal skills and great teamwork, high level of energy and dedication to become part of a winning combination.