Common and Simplified Norms for processing investor’s service request by Registrar and Share Transfer Agents (RTA) and norms for furnishing PAN, KYC details and Nomination – Mandatory furnishing of Documents
The Securities Exchange Board of India vide its Circular SEBI/HO/MIRSD/MIRSD-PoD-1/P/CIR/2023/37 dated March 16, 2023 amongst other things has advised the Companies and Registrar and Transfer Agents (RTA) as follows:
Mandatory furnishing of PAN, KYC details and Nomination by the holders of physical securities
SEBI has mandated that all holders of Physical securities in listed company shall mandatorily furnish the following documents / details to the RTA and the RTA shall not process any service requests or complaints received from the holder(s) / claimant(s) till documents / details are furnished to the RTA
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)/ KYC details - The detailed requirements are per Annexure A of the Circular SEBI/HO/MIRSD/MIRSD-PoD-1/P/CIR/2023/37 dated March 16, 2023
- Compulsory linking of PAN and Aadhaar by all holders of physical securities in listed companies. The detailed requirements are per Annexure A of the Circular SEBI/HO/MIRSD/MIRSD-PoD-1/P/CIR/2023/37 dated March 16, 2023
- Nomination – “Nomination” or “declaration to opt-out” shall be furnished for all eligible folios in the following formats.
- For nomination – Nomination through Form SH-13 or cancellation or variation in nomination though Form SH- 14 as provided in the Rules 19 of Companies (Shares capital and debenture) Rules, 2014 or
- For Declaration to Opt-out – The Security holder can opt out of nomination through Form ISR-3 after cancelling his existing nomination, if any, through Form SH - 14
- Contact details – All holders of physical securities shall register their postal address with PIN, Mobile number, E-mail address. The security holder can register/ update the contact details through Form ISR – 1
- Bank account details – All holders of physical securities shall register their Bank account details for their corresponding folio number. The registration/ updation of bank details is through FORM ISR – 1
- Specimen signature- All holders of physical securities shall register the specimen signature for their corresponding folio number. For registration/ updation, the security holder may refer para – 1.2 of Annexure - C of the Circular SEBI/HO/MIRSD/MIRSD-PoD-1/P/CIR/2023/37 dated March 16, 2023.
- Upon receipt or updation of bank details, the RTA shall suo-moto, pay electronically, all the moneys of / payments to the holder that were previous unclaimed / unsuccessful.