Team: Product Documentation (PD)
Reports To: Senior Manager
About Tejas Networks
Tejas Networks is an R&D-driven organization focused on being at the forefront of technological advancements in the field of telecommunications. With an R&D team comprising of more than 50% of the organization strength, we have continued to invest in the development of new product capabilities. Our products include carrier-grade optical transmission (based on DWDM/PTN/OTN technologies), fiber broadband (based on GPON/NG-PON), broadband wireless (based on LTE 4G/5G) as well as multi-gigabit Ethernet/IP switching and routing products that are fully designed and manufactured in India…a true pioneer of “Make in India” initiative. Tejas is one of the leading innovators in India’s ICT sector with over 349 patents and a large repository of 280+ semiconductor IPs. Tejas is actively contributing to global 5G standards through its work in India’s telecom standards organization (TSDSI). All this has been done with an energetic & dedicated team of engineers, for whom no problem is unsolvable.
What will you do at Tejas?
Product Engineering team owns:
• Platform and software validation for the entire product portfolio
• Product and Technology demos at customer premises across the world
• Develop and Deliver customer documentation and training solutions
• Compliance with technical certifications like TL9000, TSEC etc.
The team works closely with the PLM, HW and SW architects, sales and customer account teams to innovate and develop network deployment strategy for a broad spectrum of networking products and software solutions. As a part of this team, you will get an opportunity to validate, demonstrate and influence new technologies to shape future optical, routing, fiber broadband and wireless networks. Do you find something amiss in the quality & usability of content produced by telecom industry? Have you felt that it needs to reinvent itself to meet the expectations of today’s customer? If yes, this role will provide you opportunity & flexibility to create state-of-art content to be the best in networking industry.
• Own Release and Technology guides for certain technology segment(s).
• Work with cross-functional teams like Development, Test, Product Marketing, Customer support etc. to align technical documentation with customer requirements and software implementation.
• Author Release and Tender documents by following the DDLC process.
• Continuous upgrade to next-gen technologies such as NGPON, IP/MPLS, LTE and so on.
• Adhere to quality, process and provide regular update and metrics to the lead.
Experience / Skill Required:
• Awareness of telecom technology
• Fair understanding of networking products
• Strong writing skills and proficiency in the English language
• Installation and configuration experience of networking services
• Hands-on experience in creating e-learning content is highly desired
• Experience with web content development using PHP, MySQL, Apache, Linux will be a huge plus.
• Willingness to learn both through self-learning and by attending trainings and mentoring is an absolute must.