Reports to: - Group-Director
Experience: 12-18 Years
Tejas is a telecom equipment manufacturer company established in Year 2000 with a mission to innovate leading edge, high quality, and excellent telecommunication products for its customers. The company house more than 50 % of its work force in R&D, hired from reputed colleges like IITs and NITs, making a highly motivated and research oriented team, which work relentlessly in pursuit of innovations, developing high-end optical networking equipment. Tejas offers a wide range of products for access, metro and core network. Tejas products include carrier-grade optical transmission (based on DWDM/PTN/OTN, SDH/SONET technologies), fiber broadband (based on GPON/NG-PON), broadband wireless (based on LTE 4G/5G) as well as multi-gigabit Ethernet/IP switching and routing products that are fully designed and manufactured in India…a true pioneer of “Make in India” initiative.
Tejas is one of the leading innovators in India’s ICT sector with over 349 patents and a large repository of 280+ semiconductor IPs. Tejas is actively contributing to global 5G standards through its work in India’s telecom standards organization (TSDSI). All this has been done with an energetic & dedicated team of engineers, for whom no problem is unsolvable.
Tejas Hardware R&D team designs and develops state of the art DWDM/OTN multiplexers, wireless 4G/5G back-haul networking working equipment, Ethernet Switches/GPON access equipment, Ethernet aggregation systems with multi terabit capacity for Tier-1/2 Network operators, for data-centers and enterprise networks cross the globe. The boards required to build these systems are highly complex with layer count up to 40 layers and speed up to 28Gbps/56 Gbps. The boards developed, tested and integrated in same lab by same H/W team; give an opportunity to learn end-to-end system development. Tejas provides a very conducive working atmosphere with a great learning opportunity with an overall experience in all design aspects starting from conceptualization to field deployment of products. We at Tejas believe in flat-hierarchy; if one is ready to learn and innovate then Tejas is the place for new challenges and opportunities.
What will you do in Tejas:
The Hardware Development Manager will shape his/her organization, its structural and process with the goal of innovating and building new hardware products. The individual leader will be involved in architecture design, defining the module specifications and features, you should be able to develop the device hardware, and product design/testing methodologies and reliability guidelines. The individual should be able to lead, motivate and guide the excellent hardware design team, providing support to firmware and test engineers, planning project schedule with key deliverables, making high judgment decisions on how to accomplish and prioritize product delivery. Should be responsible for lead’s design reviews and technical innovation within the team.
Job Description / Skills:
• Should have experience in Product development as a Hardware Manager / Sr Hardware Manager
• Extensive and proven knowledge of High Speed multilayer Board Design
• Expertise in designing with memories like DDR3 / DDR4 / RLDRAM / GDDR / NAND / NOR
• Experience in designing with High speed protocol like PCIe / SATA / USB3.0 / SGMII / SFP+ / 10G / 100G
• Experience with lab equipment is DMM, oscilloscope, function generator, logic analyser, and spectrum analyser.
• Experience in optical transmission / Ethernet switch /aggregation product development
• Experience in working on SFP+/SFP28/CFP/CFP2/CFP4/QSFP/QSFPDD are preferred.
• Hands on experience in designing products conforming to worldwide EMC and safety standards
• Experience of working with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and Cadence Allegro would be preferred
• Experience in working with complex ASSPs, microprocessors/controllers and FPGAs
• Experience in Signal Integrity / Power Integrity
• Should have knowledge of PCB Materials and familiarity with stack-up design, familiarity with back-drilling/blind/buried vias.
• Knowledge of Verilog HDL would be an added advantage
• Should understand RoHS, device packaging, thermal profile and parameters.
• Should have excellent troubleshooting skills on Electrical / Electronic boards to find the root cause and to debug
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate employees
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills