Team: Product Verification (PV)
Reports To: PV Manager
About Tejas Networks
Tejas Networks is an R&D-driven organization focused on being at the forefront of technological advancements in the field of telecommunications. With an R&D team comprising of more than 50% of the organization strength, we have continued to invest in the development of new product capabilities. Our products include carrier-grade optical transmission (based on DWDM/PTN/OTN technologies), fiber broadband (based on GPON/NG-PON), broadband wireless (based on LTE 4G/5G) as well as multi-gigabit Ethernet/IP switching and routing products that are fully designed and manufactured in India…a true pioneer of “Make in India” initiative.
Tejas is one of the leading innovators in India’s ICT sector with over 349 patents and a large repository of 280+ semiconductor IPs. Tejas is actively contributing to global 5G standards through its work in India’s telecom standards organization (TSDSI). All this has been done with an energetic & dedicated team of engineers, for whom no problem is unsolvable.
What will you do at Tejas?
Product Engineering team owns:
• Platform and software validation for the entire product portfolio
• Product and Technology demos at customer premises across the world
• Develop and deliver customer documentation and training solutions
• Compliance with technical certifications like TL9000, TSEC etc.
Team works closely with PLM, HW and SW architects, sales and customer account teams to innovate and develop network deployment strategy for a broad spectrum of networking products and software solutions. As part of this team, you will get an opportunity to validate, demonstrate and influence new technologies to shape future optical, routing, fiber broadband and wireless networks.
• Ensure software features meet identified standards, product marketing/functional requirements and customer solutions
• Work closely with PLM, engineers from embedded software, network management software and hardware teams to develop manual and automation test strategy
• Drive the authoring, execution and automation of feature and solution test plans to validate product capabilities
• Build in-depth knowledge of Tejas networking and NMS products
• Contribute to a culture of constant innovation and continual improvement
• Work with R&D teams as per the project requirements
• Support System Engineering team for customer demos, Support field teams on critical customer issues
• Active participation in Customer Documentation review
Experience / Skill Required
• 6-11 years of experience with BE/B.Tech./M.Tech. (EE/CS) Degree
• Interest in progressing a career in Ethernet and IP domains
• Ability to build and guide high performance verification teams to achieve stated objectives
• Good hands-on experience on L2 and L3 protocols, especially in the following areas, will be desirable: BGP, OSPF, LDP, RSVP, BFD, L2 VPN, L3 VPN, QoS.
• Automation hands-on experience in open-source frameworks such as Robot, Py-Test, etc. will be a big plus.