Team: Product Verification
Reports To: PV Lead/Manager
About Tejas Networks
Heard of an Indian R&D organization developing optical and data networking products for India and the world…that’s Tejas for you. Founded in year 2000, the only Indian home grown electronic hardware design company, which has to its credit many firsts, namely the first company to successfully demonstrate hitless LCAS on Ethernet hardware, first company to run 100G interface over FPGAs, deployed all over the world and many more. We are #1 in Optical aggregation in India; top-10 globally. Not only design, we have been manufacturing our products in India…a true pioneer of “Make in India” initiative. All this has been done with an energetic & dedicated team of engineers, for whom no problem is unsolvable.
Tejas R&D organization is responsible for delivering Access, Edge and Switching products to support Broadband, Mobile Backhaul, Enterprise, Utilities, Fixed Wireless and SDN applications for access, metro and core tiers of the network.
What will you do at Tejas?
Product Engineering (PE) team owns:
• Platform and software validation for the entire product portfolio
• Technology demos at customer premises across the world
• Creating customer documentation and training solutions
• Compliance with technical certifications like TL9000, TSEC etc.
Team works closely with PLM, HW and SW architects, sales and customer account teams to innovate and develop network deployment strategy for a broad spectrum of networking products and software solutions. As part of this team, you will get an opportunity to validate, demonstrate and influence new technologies to shape future optical and data networks.
Product Verification (PV) engineer is a part of the PE group and will be responsible for evaluating state of the art telecom products developed in-house. In particular, the role involves assessing cutting edge software and hardware technologies in their application to networks and such a system’s integrity.
• Author, execute and automate feature and solution test plans to validate product capabilities
• Work closely with engineers from embedded software, network management software and hardware teams to develop manual and automation test strategy
• Requires continuous research to ensure software features meet identified standards, product marketing/functional requirements and customer solutions
• Build in-depth knowledge of Tejas Networking and NMS products
• Contribute to a culture of constant innovation and continual improvement
• Work with Gurgaon and Bangalore R&D teams as per the project requirements
• Active participation in Customer Documentation review
Experience / Skill Required
• Around 6 years of experience with BE/B.Tech./M.Tech. (EE/CS) Degree
• Interest in progressing a career in Ethernet and IP domains
• Ability to be part of high performance verification teams to achieve stated objectives
• Deep understanding of one or more of VLAN (dot1q, dot1ad), MPLS-TP and associated technologies (BFD, PWSM, RFC6426, VCCV Ping/Traceroute), G.8032 (ERPS), QoS (Flat, Hierarchical), SyncE, PTP (1588), xSTP (802.1d, 802.1s, 802.1w), LAG (static, LACP), ACL, IGMP proxy/snooping, Ethernet OAM (802.1ag), G.8031 (LAPS), Performance monitoring (Y.1731), Circuit emulation (MEF3, MEF8), etc.